- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey (or sugar)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 3 cups bread flour (give or take 1/2 cup…depending on the heat & humidity)
- 2 tablespoons softened salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 pound (1/2 cup) grated mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper, if desired
In a large mixing bowl stir yeast and honey into warm water. Sit for 5-10 minutes or until bubbles form and mixture starts to foam. This tells you that the yeast is alive and kicking. Pour in salt, oil and half the flour and mix.
I don’t have a stand mixer, so I usually whisk in the flour and once the whisk starts getting stuck I pour flour over a wooden surface and knead in the rest of the flour. For the pizza dough you want the dough to be slightly sticky. Cover with saran wrap and set in warm place for 1-2 hours until the dough has doubled in size.
Preheat oven to 500 degrees with pizza stone inside. (If you don’t have a pizza stone, use an upside down cookie sheet)
Bake 9-10 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Remove from oven and cool 1-2 minutes before cutting. Serve hot, with marinara.