So yesterday I posted about sticky coffee cinnamon rolls, so why not expand on the theme with this scandalously sticky drumsticks? Believe it or not, sometimes it’s hard for me to be inspired to make dinner. Usually I’ll log onto Pinterest and just choose something that looks good. This often results in Asian dishes – perhaps I was born on the wrong continent! It also may have something to do with the fact that Asian dishes don’t usually require a rack of lamb or some other specialized meat of which I can’t find a kosher version.
My other method of figuring out what to make involves just seeing what’s available at the store. Whenever I go to the grocery store I usually have a pretty comprehensive list of all the things I need for the things I’ll make, and I rarely deviate; however, I will stop by the kosher meat section and see what’s available. If there’s something I haven’t seen before or never worked with, I’ll always pick it up and keep it in the freezer until I find a recipe. On one such occasion it was a gigantic bag of frozen kosher chicken drumsticks. Odd, for sure, but I picked it up anyway.
If I have one click-bait weakness, it’s reduced balsamic vinegar. It just sounds delicious. It’s so sweet and tangy and adult-ish in a way. Mix it with the words “honey” and “sticky” and you’ve got me!
This recipe came together quickly and easily. The end result looks amazing, and the clean-up isn’t that bad as long as you prep your pan correctly. We gobbled these down super fast and would be the perfect appetizer or snack for some Sunday Football!
Remember to make these for game day – pin this pic!
Recipe adapted from Alaska from Scratch.
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, soy, brown sugar, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Marinade the drumsticks in the mixture in a shallow covered dish in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (you can also put a silpat on top for extra coverage).
- Set a cooling rack on top of the baking sheet.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place the drumsticks onto the cooking rack. Roast the drumsticks in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Transfer the marinade to a small saucepan. Simmer the marinade on the stove over medium-low heat until reduced and thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the oven, brush generously with the reduced marinade, and return the chicken to the oven for another 10 minutes.