Well folks, it’s been a weekend. I mean, it actually hasn’t been THAT eventful, but there is a reason why I decided to give you my killer recipe for Bang Bang Chicken. It seems that my son is learning to bang bang around my house… banging his bum on the floor, banging his chin on the coffee table. Banging his gigantic head against my nose. I trying to tell you I think my son my have broken my nose. I have minor swelling and bruising, no blood or anything, but I did hear a crunch. Anyway, I wasn’t really myself this morning, but over time I think I’m recovering well, but it still hurts. Also, Bang Bang Chicken because fireworks. Get it? Fourth of July weekend? Tell me you’re all following me.
So this Bang Bang Chicken recipe is crazy good, and I have been hanging on to it since Burbank (that’s 2014 for those who weren’t counting). It was yet another once of those recipes I made that my husband announced is his favorite. Though, to be perfectly honest, I haven’t made it since. Hey, perhaps I’ll make it for Independence Day!
Want to save this recipe for Chinese New Year for July 4th, 2017? Pin this pic!
- • 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into small pieces
- • 1 cup coconut milk
- • ¾ cup flour
- • ½ cup cornstarch
- • 1 egg
- • 1 tbsp garlic powder
- • 1 tsp smoked paprika
- • 1 tbsp hot sauce
- • salt and pepper to taste
- • Panko breadcrumbs
- • oil for frying
- • ½ cup mayonnaise
- • ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- • 1 tbsp hot sauce
- • 2 tbsp honey
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- To the bowl add the hot sauce, egg, and coconut milk and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the chicken pieces to the bowl, toss to make sure each piece is coated in the batter and set aside.
- In another bowl add about a cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce and refrigerate until ready for serving.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Coat each piece of chicken with breadcrumbs and fry on both sides until chicken is cooked through.
- Place on paper towels to soak up some of the oil.
- Drizzle chicken with sauce and serve.